Monday 7 March 2016

For Fox Sake

So recently I have rediscovered cross stitch. By rediscovered when I originally discovered it, it was not really very good. Everything was a mess, I don't think I finished, and they weren't actually very cool patterns. They were cool for 10 year olds. But I'm sure there is a reason that I lost them, never finished them, and they have yet to be seen again.

I'm starting to really enjoy cross stitch, the stuff that you can make is amazing! It truly is incredible what a bunch of little squares in different colours put together can make.

So my first project was a little christmas ornament for myself (which I'll show you another day, it is currently stored with my other christmas decorations, and there are a ton of them).

But my second project was a funny one that I stumbled across on pinterest. It was hilarious, every time I think of it it makes me snigger.

I couldn't find a pattern for the one that I found on pinterest, so based on the picture of the cross stitch I found, I made my own pattern!

And I think that it turned out pretty good! My Aunt, who I gave it to, is pretty pleased with it. Which is always great.


Now, because I am a truly generous person, I have decided to give away my pattern! So if you think that this is as fab as I do feel free to download the pattern below!

For Fox Sake - Cross Stitch Pattern
Some tips!
  • Be creative!  there are lots of ones like these online all over the place. If you decide that you want your fox to be in the trees, then add trees! If you want them to be in the grass, then add grass! the sky is the limit! (well, I'm sure you could do a space fox if you wanted too...)
  • Don't get to stuck in the colours. There are thousands of different DMC threads to chose from, if you have orange, brown and white on hand that you like together, than use those! Or use any other colours that you think look good together. Its up to you! 
  • Don't freak out if you lose count. Its not the end of the world. Worst case scenario is you fox is slightly skinner or fatter! 

Till next time! 
Dat Girl

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this pattern! It was exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete